ResourcesLeave a Comment
San Juan County was awarded $2 million through the Better Utilizing Investments to Leverage Development or BUILD Transportation Discretionary Grant program, which is administered by the US Department of Transportation. The BUILD grant program provides funding for roads, bridges, transit, rail, ports and intermodal transportation.
- MOU with Navajo Nation on Rail Development (2020)
- Farmington-Thoreau Railroad Study (2015)
- New Mexico State Rail Plan (2013)
- Short Line Railroads: Saving an Endangered Species of Freight Transport (2008)
- Feasibility and Alignment Study for the Northern Extension to the Star Lake Railroad (1998)
- Economic Feasibility Study for Construction of the San Juan Railroad (1991)
- Economic Review for a Railroad Serving San Juan County (1983)
The Four Corners Freight Rail Study Team held two public information meetings in mid-September to introduce the study to the community and share information on what the project benefits are, the funding and the study timeline.